Ways to Remediate Fire Damage
Fire can cause serious damage to a house. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. The smell of smoke can overtake building materials and personal belongings and smoke soot can seriously damage walls that weren’t burned by flames. A fire can have devastating, deep-rooted effects both to your family and your house.
When your precious possessions are damaged, it can be devastating. At Paul Davis, we understand. That’s why our experts in smoke and soot are ready to help. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us as soon as you can. We’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your house.
Repairing Fire Damage
Your house can receive serious soot damage without a major fire. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, small-scale kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your AC to stop spreading smoke.
- To suck out smoke, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could create stains.
- Clean hard surfaces with a cloth.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
Paul Davis’ Services
If your house has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. The professionals from Paul Davis a variety of fire repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
Has your house had recent soot damage? Turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. After we we’re done with our restorations services, your house back to normal sooner rather than later. Our professionals are highly-trained in effective smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration costs. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life immediately. Reach out the smoke damage restoration and smoke cleanup professionals from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.